2020 Spring Semester
Japanese Lessons for International Students
- Number of students: Up to 15 students per class
- Period: April 20, 2020 (Wed) ~ July 30, 2020 (Thu)
(1) People who may attend lessons:
1) International students and researchers, and their family members.
2) Anyone who has been given approval by the director of the International Exchange Center.
*If any of the classes are oversubscribed, priority will be given to students, researchers, and their family members in that order.
(2) Students and researchers must receive approval from their adviser or professor.
(3) As a general rule, participants must attend all classes they enroll in.
|1. Survival||Novice level. For short time visitors. Greetings and Japanese for survival||Nishina||Thu./ 8:50-10:20/ Bldg.4-SR|
|2-A. J1 Lower General||Novice level. For students who stay more than 1 year. Learn Japanese step by step||Furusawa
|Tue./ 12:45-14:15/ Bldg.4-SR
Thu./ 8:50-10:20/ Bldg.4-SR
|2-B. J1 Upper General||Basic structure of Japanese and expressions for daily life||Suzuki||Mon./ 10:30-12:00/ Bldg.4-SR|
|3. Kanji||For students from countries that don’t use kanji. Kanji for daily use||Nishina||Mon./12:45-14:15/ Bldg.4-SR3|
|4. J2 General||Overall review of Japanese and new practical expressions||Furusawa||Tue./ 10:30-12:00/ Bldg.4-SR|
|5. J2 Skill*||Simple presentations and report writing||Nishina||Wed./10:30-12:00/ Bldg.4-SR|
|6. J3 General||Grammar and kanji at intermediate level||Nishina||Wed./8:50-10：20/ Bldg.4-SR|
|7. J3 Skill||Vocabulary and kanji at intermediate level||Suzuki||Mon./ 12:45-14:15/ Bldg.4-SR|
|8. J4 General||Advanced writing skills mainly for academic documents and report||Furusawa||Tue./ 14:25-15:55/ Bldg.4-SR|
|9. J4 Skill*||Advanced presentation skills for college level courses||Nishina||Thu./ 10:30-12:00/ Bldg.4-SR|
|10. Business Japanese Ⅱ*||Preparation for job hunting and professional life in Japan||Nishina||Mon./16:05-17:35/ Bldg.4-SR
|11. Business Japanese Ⅳ*||Business Japanese with business-level application||Suzuki
SR: Seminar Room
Notes: 1) Subjects in grey are for students majoring in MOT; however, students of other majors can attend these classes if they have a level of Japanese comparable to that of the MOT students. Only MOT students are eligible for credits in classes 10 and 11 (Business Japanese I & Ⅲ).
2) Subjects with an asterisk (*) are not available to family members of international students.
(1) Period: April 8, 2020 (Wed) ~ April 15, 2020 (Wed)
(2) Where to apply: email@example.com
(3) Application Procedure:
A: New students
Send the application form as an attachment to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
B: Returning students
1. Fill in an application form in Japanese or English. If your grade was ‘F’ in the previous semester, you may not attend a higher level class. In such cases, the applicant should consult a faculty member of the International Exchange Center.
2. Send the application form as an attachment to “email@example.com”.
- Choice of classes
You are free to choose from any of the offered classes. It is important that you choose classes appropriate to your level of Japanese. If a faculty member of the International Exchange Center determines that a certain class is not appropriate for your level of Japanese, you may not be permitted to attend that class.
(1) Please prepare all of the course materials assigned by the instructor.
(2) Upon completion of each course, you will receive a letter grade according to the following scheme: 100~90% S, 89~80% A, 79~70% B, 69~60% C, 59~0% F
Students will be directly informed of their final grades. A detailed explanation of the grading procedure will be provided by the instructor in class.
Your advisor or professor may be informed of your grade upon request.
(3) Only MOT students can receive credit for classes 10 and 11 (Business Japanese II & IV). Other students will not receive credits for these classes.
- Contact Information
Hiromi Nishina, Associate Professor/Deputy Director of International Exchange Center
Ext. 3371 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aiko Kempf, International Exchange Center Staff
Ext. 3042 E-mail: email@example.com